Wednesday 5 March 2014

yarn basket


 
On a recent rummaging trip to the recyclerie, I came back with a basket crammed full of various yarns. The women in charge was so pleased I was making some well needed space in her shop, she let me bag the lot for a mere twenty euros.

I've spent the past week sorting through the muddle of fibres, restoring order and calm to the chaos. It has been both a theraputic and eye-opening task. I was delighted to discover a variety of different yarns, ranging from bog standard acrylics to pure wool, gorgeous summery cotton and linen and even a hemp mix.

It's made me realise how little I actually know about different yarns: about their properties, their composition, where they come from, how they can be used. It's left me feeling eager to learn and even more eager to get something cast on! 

No comments:

Post a Comment