Saturday 5 April 2014

spinning wheel



For my birthday, I was given the most marvelous of presents from my cheri: a spinning wheel.

Back in March, I discovered a beautiful, double drive spinning wheel was for sale. Of all the spinning wheels I had seen, for the most covered with spider webs and dust and missing all the necessary parts, I just knew this was the one.

The lady selling it lives the other side of Toulouse (over three hours drive away). But by some happy coincidence, she is originally from our valley and was due to come visit her father two days after I first made contact. The day she came, she kindly spent over an hour showing me the basics. She also left me with some raw wool to get started with. (And yes, it also came from our valley!)

As my Grandma would say, it was meant to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment