Saturday 22 February 2014

bear # 4

 

A brown bear knitted for my nephew, who will turn 6 very soon.
I knit him up beside the fire during the week, and finished him sat outside this week-end.


Pattern: Free knitted teddy knitting pattern

Materials: 
Knitting needles: size 4,5 mm
Yarn: Unknown 4 ply 100 % acrylic yarn (around 100g)
Stuffing: Carded wool

Historique : Already knitted 3 times

Technical: ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
Result : ♥ ♥ ♥ ♡ ♡
Total cost: about 0,50€ (for the stuffing)



This certainly seems to be my current favourite knitting pattern! This time, I used a larger yarn and bigger needles, which gave me a considerably bigger bear. It's also the first time I've knitted a bear using recycled yarn, this brown bear used to be a crochet waistcoat! Teddy bears aren't fussy and so I'm pleased with the overall shape, texture and size. 

I wanted to experiment with a darker yarn than I've previously used. Although I'm happy with the overall look of the bear, the face ended up much darker than expected which made embroidering the face rather tricky. Not exactly how I would have liked, but still handsome enough. Perhaps next time, I'll have a go at knitting with two colours, or even making a pie-bald face...

No comments:

Post a Comment