Monday 27 January 2014

unravelled






Last week, there were too many lessons, resulting in too much tiredness. As well as quite a few tears.

There was hesitation followed by decision making:

Acceptance to work a little less.
Acceptance to rest a little more.
Acceptance to listen more attentively to my body.
Acceptance.

I spent the start of this week by the fire, unravelling an old jumper knitted by someone other than me.
I spent hour after hour meticulously unpicking, unravelling and re-winding the yarn.

Unravelling the jumper somehow calmed my unravelled spirit, as if with each unpicked stitch I was somehow letting free some little worry that had been imprisoned within the rows until then.

When my labours were done, I was also rewarded with a stash of new wool, just ready for some new project...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment