Thursday 31 January 2013

total immersion

 After the plod, came the rush...
High above the valley, I glide through the forest,
on new skis, through new snow, with new courage.
Arriving at a crest, I plunge into the slope,
Ploughing deep furrows down through the snowy fields.
I turn, once, twice...
...and then tumble and fall,
Fall flat on my face, legs akimbo, head first into the powder.
I sink into a cloud of tenderness.
Totally immersed, I dissolve.
Seconds pass, and then he comes;
grasps my hand, my skis, my legs.
I was set to be wrecked but
he pulls me from the deep powder,
puts me back on my feet,
And we set off again...
I plunge into the slope,
Ploughing deep furrows down through the snowy fields.
I turn, once, twice... 
...and then tumble again and again and again..

No comments:

Post a Comment