Wednesday 31 December 2014

looking back


As the old year passes, I take to the hills. Not literally, not physically. But in my mind's eye. 
Drifting off into that place between waking and dreaming, there is no real time to mull over 2014 before I surrender to sleep. No need really either. These past twelve months, I've done enough mulling to last a lifetime.

But it's good to take a cursory glance back across my shoulder, back down the mountain of the year. For it is only now that I can see it has all been worth it, that I did the right thing to keep going, to keep on hoping and not bail out when the going got tough.
That is what 2014 has taught me, to keep on going...no matter how slowly.

Because as is often the way out in these mountains, it's only when you've slogged for hours up that hillside, worked through the sweat and the tears to stand high on the crest with the sun on your face that you can truly measure just how far you've come. 
Here on the cusp of the mountain, it's finally easy to see where I've been...and where I'm going next...
Joining in with these gorgeous and inspiring girls: 

2 comments:

  1. Happy New Year! I hope 2015 brings you wonderful new lessons and experiences! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear Liesl! Wishing the same to you too! xxx
      ps: I'll be looking forward to hear about your hat project for this coming year...and hopefully will get round to finishing some socks too! xxx

      Delete