Wednesday 8 January 2014

sunshine and socks


Sunday was just perfect, like a gift. After a week of southern wind to warm up the valley, it felt just like a spring day. Who wants to stay inside on a day like this? So we left the homework translation for another day and went outside to enjoy the sunny weather. There wasn't a cloud in the sky as we walked up to the castle. 

How wondrous it felt to leave the house, to eat a picnic in the sunshine with my beloved, to pull off my boots and tights and tickle the warm grass with my toes...
I also managed to (finally) finish a pair of socks that have been waiting patiently in my knitting basket for a few months..




2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on finishing the socks! I have a lone sock in my knitting basket currently, making me feel guilty every time I rummage for something non-sock-related. Those stripes are fantastic though, you must feel very proud (and toasty)! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhhh, that age old problem of getting sock number two made! That's why I like to make a pair in matching colours (but not matching stripes!).
      Actually, I'm not too bad at getting a pair finished, it's finding the inspiration to sew in the ends after that is my difficulty! xx

      Delete