Monday 19 January 2015

shades of grey


{Edit: You can find this post and me over here from now on...}

Grey...it is once again today, winter grey. Snow flakes tumble from far above the mountains, swirling to the valley bottom to settle on rooftops, branches, the tongues of excited children.

Occasionally the sun sneaks out from behind the billowing clouds, bathing the valley in warming golden light. Occasionally the clouds part to uncover a radiant blue sky. But more often than not these days are tinged with grey. 

Some folks around these parts grumble about the grey, finding it monotonous, gloomy. Lying resting in bed looking up at the sky, I like it very much. I immerse myself in the greys and realise that it is not colourness. There is slate grey, blue grey, smoke grey, silver grey, dawn grey, sleet grey, winter grey, mist grey....The more I look, the more I notice there are not fifty, nor a hundred but a thousand shades of grey.

Of course I too love the blue sky days, when I can sit on the balcony and soak up the healing sunshine. But in between, grey is beautiful, versatile, soothing...

2 comments:

  1. It is often hard to explain to other's why I love grey days so much. You just described why in the most beautiful way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much for passing by and for your lovely words - they really made my day!
      Wishing you a beautiful day in your corner of the world, whether it is blue or grey or full of golden sunshine!

      Delete