Monday 16 June 2014

sleepless



My nights have been restless of late; dark shapes clouding my otherwise blue sky dreams.

My calls through the thick ink of night snap him to attention and without recollection of space or time he is tangled in her damp hair. He wraps me in his arms and whispers in my ear until he feels my heart return to its natural rhythm.

His breath graces my neck and my body softens. Sleep beckons me once more and he gently returns to his half of the bed, my warmth still on his chest. These are the ways he knows how to soothe my nightmares. Treading slowly with me. Holding tight. Making new dreams.
I hope that these dreams, this fog, will not haunt me for long. We hope they are merely a product of this rocky patch now; a mind leaping ahead whilst its accompanying body lags behind out of breath from the mere exhaustion of being.

2 comments:

  1. You have such a beautiful way with words, even when writing about something as ugly as insomnia and lack of sleep. I can't remember the last time I had a good night sleep, so your troubles are all too familiar!

    Hayley-Eszti

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for stopping by and for your kind comment, it really made my day!
    Fran xx

    ReplyDelete